When Iain finally settled on the idea of being a knight for Halloween, I thought "boy, I'm really lucking out this year! No problem!" (though i wouldn't mind having back at least some of the time that I spent trying to figure out how to potentially support a tall giraffe's neck, should it come down to that) .
A bit before Halloween we started talking about the specifics of the costume. And then it dawned on me. *I* was picturing a tunic and maybe a cape or something. *He* was envisioning a full suit of armor!

Oh.

We combed through several books for inspiration. After some discussion, it was determined that he could be made quite content, provided we used gray material and he had some sort of head covering.

And that awsome dragon emblem?? Totally designed by Sir Iain Alexander himself. He drew it out for me on cardboard and I traced it onto the fabric.
Oh.
We combed through several books for inspiration. After some discussion, it was determined that he could be made quite content, provided we used gray material and he had some sort of head covering.
2 comments:
What a terrific costume! The dragon is great. Good thing you didn't have to piece together chain mail or weld any body armor!
Wow! This came out really great! My son and I are always looking at the knight costumes in the toy catalogs, You have inspired me to try to make our own! Hmmm the hood looks tricky did it stay up?
Post a Comment