Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Beana-Bags"


Earlier this week, we turned our living area into a little homemade, beanbag making assembly line (otherwise know as "beana-bags", at least if you ask the littlest person among us).


The boys picked out a big pile of fabric scraps they liked while I made several cardboard templates. They traced around the templates, cut and pinned the fabric and then brought them to me for sewing. A couple of quick seams and back to the boys for filling (I think I'm going to be picking red lentils off the furniture until the end of time...) and back to me for the final stitches.


We made a set of 6 for a little friend's 6th birthday and one special one for each of my little helpers. Elijah choose the chipmunk and rabbits. Iain went with the orangutan print. While Galen was thoroughly pleased to come away with a beanbag featuring his current favorite phenomenon ...."leyda-bughs!" He's been reveling in the annual hatching, well underway on all the south facing windowsills, down at the old house. There is nothing quite like the sheer delight on his face when a wayward critter in crimson meanders up his arm! I don't know folks, it may be possible that spring is actually on it's way!

4 comments:

Lizz said...

Beanbags are just so great for everything. My babe and I played with ours just this evening.

Good work!

Anonymous said...

Good idea on using cardboard patterns to have your kids trace. I'll definitely be adding that the next time we make some.

Jackie said...

Wonderful! What a great idea for a gift!

Gypsy said...

How gorgeous - they are so sweet!