Friday, February 1, 2008

A Question

Ok, so this has been driving me crazy for ages now and I'm wondering if perhaps one of you fellow bloggers can help me out. Whenever I post pictures from Flickr, they look fine and clear over there, but blurry and distorted on the blog. I don't understand why, and it irritates me to no end! No doubt it's something that I am doing wrong, but what exactly??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger could be re-sizing them and that can lead to blurriness.

If I insert a pic into a blogger post using the "photo icon" it will re-size it. But, if I insert the pic by using the "Edit HTML" tab (rather than through the "Compose" tab) and enter in the HTML code from Flickr it will post it real size.

Might try it to see if it works.

tamlovesran said...

I'm knew to blogger and I still have a lot to learn about inserting photos here. Do they have to be added in reverse order of how you would like them to appear?

Tammy

Amy said...

I think it is a resizing issue too. I know when I upload photos to flicker it asks me if I want to resize them for better viewing on pages. When I post pics to my blog I usually export them to my desktop and resize them when I export them. I this makes sense and helps.
Amy

Karen said...

Hi. I'm coming out of lurkdom to try to help! When you copy the properties from flikr make sure you click on the thumbnail first to make the picture bigger. If you take the properties from the small pictures it will be blurry. That's the problem I was having anyway. Love your blog by the way!

BK said...

Hey Tammy, when you are composing a blog piece with photos, click the 'edit html' tab on the upper right, and you will see the code for each picture you have entered. You can move the code around where ever you want it to go in your post by copying , cutting and pasting it where you want it to go. :D I hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Melody,

I just found your blog through Christopherus....

I also have 3 boys...9, 5, 7mths.

I have been struggling with the sheer demand of all needs this week ...and came across your blog and peered thru the window to see and appreciate your life...struggle...joys ..and ...commitment.
I must say...it is inspiration to read your words and see your photos....unfinished walls and all... and witness what you are creating amidst the chaos of buillding a home and recovering from health issues. Not to mention three young boys!
Blessings to you!!!!
Thank you for sharing!
Madrona