Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Swell...

I spent the better part of the afternoon sitting around our table with B the Builder, trying to tweak a portion of the design. again. Which I suppose is what happens when you have someone designing a house that has never done it before (That would be me. Unless you count our current house. The one time that I did, B the Builder, who has rather a wise-guy type streak in him, congratulated me on using 4 walls...) So, after a couple of hours, I get up and walk to the window, wishing to look at the platform and see if I can better visualize what we are talking about. Only when I get there, I can't quite figure out what I'm seeing. It looks like our floor is somehow in the process of rolling away.

"Uh, B?!?!?"


It's been particularly humid here (and yet our well has been dry for the better part of a week now. don't even get me started...). It's been so humid here in fact, that our floor actually expanded to the point that it pulled the nails out and buckled!

I did say that it would either be a tremendous success or an utter failure, didn't I?

We have a couple of theories on fixing this one, none of which are sitting well with any of us right at this moment. I'm not nearly as concerned about the floor as the fact that there was quite a bit of standing water directly under it. Causing the potential for the dreaded "M" word to spring to mind (mold). I'm trying not to think about it.

On the upside, the longest wall is all set to be framed out tomorrow morning!

No comments: